Google

Saturday, May 12, 2018

Turkey Sandwich.

I had a couple for supper, and I had to resist the temptation for a third.  They were very simple, just a couple of  slices of store bought sliced turkey, a couple slices of cheddar, some mustard, a bit of pepper, and white bread.  I threw a bit of Kraft parmesan on the second.

Compare that to the last sandwiches I had, last Sunday.  I got it into my head to make a couple of Monte Cristo sandwiches, since there was some sliced ham left over from a previous meal.  So I went out to buy some sliced turkey and some Swiss cheese slices.  I also threw in some cheddar.  In the end they weren't bad at all, but the egg batter didn't quite work the way I wanted it to.  There are so many different Monte Cristo recipes out there, and that variation includes how the egg batter is made.  No jam or other sweet stuff was involved in mine, since that isn't something I've seen with the restaurant versions I've ordered in Saskatchewan.

No comments: