Google

Friday, December 20, 2013

Et Tu, Hugh?

I just had an ad pop up on the blog for Playboy Energy Drink.  My first thought was that it's a bit late in the day to be jumping on that trend.  Then I thought about how no one should be all that surprised there is such a thing.  Hugh Hefner has always been good about keeping his name and the Playboy brand in the public consciousness.(Although these days I doubt he has much direct involvement with any of the big business decisions.)

As for energy drinks, I've never consumed one, and have no desire to.  Personally I think they're just a good way for beverage companies to make even more money than they do on soft drinks given the higher prices.  You're likely to get the same effect from drinking some coffee or a caffeinated soft drink, which are cheaper.  Of course it's still not as big of a ripoff as the bottled water market, where the product is often local tap water with some filtering.

No comments: