Google

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Will It Please The Cosmic Lord Of Death?

I'm sure I've come across this page before.  Assuming I did it certainly didn't state we might see a new book featuring Joseph Rosenberger's infamous creation, the Death Merchant. I'd remember that.  I must say I'm surprised, as there can only be a tiny handful of people clamoring for new adventures featuring Richard Camellion.  I can't help but wonder about the legal status of this new book.  Dell was the last publisher to release Death Merchant books, and Rosenberger died in 1993.  So who owns the rights to the character?  Dell?  The Rosenberger estate, assuming there is one?  If the book isn't officially licensed, would the current rights holder think it worth the time to sue?  It's apparently being published by Kerodina Press, which sounds like it's a vanity press, so don't expect to see this in your local bookstore.  As for the title it doesn't really sound Death Merchantish.  It should be something like The Ressurection Strike.

No comments: