Google

Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Missed Opportunity.

In many places today saw the celebration of Saint Patrick's Day, with parades and other activities occuring. But one thing I'm surprised I've never heard of is PETA protesting celebrating Saint Patrick. After all one of his supposed accomplishments was driving all the snakes from Ireland. And given that Ireland is an island the snakes must have all died when they fell into the sea. So it's surprising PETA isn't protesting the practice of honouring him given that they seem to never miss a chance to embarrass themselves.

(It should be noted that any snakes that might have existed in Ireland died out during the various ice ages that affected Ireland, long before Saint Patrick or in fact any human habitation of Ireland existed.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.