Google

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Victories.

It wasn't the prettiest game ever. In fact the opening quarter was kind of ugly. But they ultimately rewarded the faith placed in them by the faithful. The Saskatchewan Roughriders won the 95th Grey Cup game, beating the Winnipeg Blue Bombers 23-19. The Grey Cup is the Canadian Football League's equivalent of the NFL's Superbowl, and this is the first time the Riders have won since the 1989 Grey Cup, a much more exciting and well played game. Still, you aren't going to hear any complaints here in Riderville. It was the first Grey Cup game as coach for CFL veteran Kent Austin.

While this was going on I was busy playing as well, but the game in my case was online poker. Having won a bit of money yesterday on a Pokerstars freeroll I decided on a whim to drop $1.65 on a Limit Hold 'Em tournament. Limit isn't a game I play as well as No Limit Hold 'Em, but much to my pleased surprised I came in 7th out of a field of 954. My winnings? $42.22, the most I've won to date on poker. But don't worry, I don't intend to blow my increased bankroll as quickly as possible, although I will be speonding part of it this week. Hopefully I can win a bit more.

No comments: