Google

Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday With Fred.



No, I'm not turning this into a YouTube blog. But I couldn't pass this one up.

In the latest issue of Signal To Noise magazine there's a review of a December weekend of gigs in New York with veteran British musicians Fred Frith, Chris Cutler, and Tim Hodgkinson, 3 of the core members of the group Henry Cow. And what should I find on YouTube? Footage from that weekend. This is the kind of thing I like about YouTube, being able to see things I would never get the chance to because of location and time, although apparently this material will come out on DVD. It's not the same as seeing them live, but better than not seeing them at all.

As as extra bonus here's some more recent Frith, this time performing with Japanese guitarist Otomo Yoshihide.

No comments: