Google

Monday, April 17, 2006

Random Mix.

Today I did something I haven't done in a couple of years at least. I bought a bag of Old Dutch Ketchup potato chips. (That's crisps for you UK folks.) They were all right, although who knows what the dye they use to give the flavouring a red colour does to you. Ketchup flavoured chips are a uniquely Canadian variation on the theme, and often are met with bemusement by American potato chip fans.

I was down to the river today to check out the water level. But I found the 8 or 10 Canada Geese along the waterline more interesting. They seemed to be pretty tame, as I got within 7 or 8 feet of then with some patience, although I stopped at about that point. I would imagine that if they had goslings they might not have been so mellow. Another interesting thing I noticed on the boat ramp near the Bessborough were several small crab claws, their owners presumably victims of the local birds. I didn't know that there were crabs in the area.

Planet S Magazine, a free Saskatoon area newspaper, currently has an article on blogging. Not much to note in it that bloggers probably haven't read before. I was disappointed that the only area blog mentioned was small dead animals. You'd think they could have had a randomly selected list of Saskatoon area blogs. It would have taken about 5 minutes to cook up such a list. Who knows, maybe this blog or I Am a Child of Television would have been selected and got some free publicity.

No comments: